To mark the release of the latest vintage, Quinta do Noval presents its new range of dry wines produced on the estate. This completely redesigned packaging follows the development and restructuring over recent years of the vineyard producing these wines.
The labels and names of the wines have been modified and standardised in order to present the great diversity of grape varieties more clearly. There are now six wines available, of which three are blended wines and three single varietal wines:
- Cedro do Noval white, Douro DOC: Named after the emblematic cedar tree that dominates the terrace at Quinta do Noval, this white Douro wine is made from traditional white grape varieties of the Douro Valley. The minerality of the schist vineyard is apparent in this cuvée with great depth and a distinctive personality.
- Cedro do Noval red, Vinho Regional Duriense: This wine is an authentic expression of the Douro. Principally made up of Portuguese grape varieties, it also contains Syrah which rounds out the fruit and gives the wine tremendous charm and accessibility.
- Quinta do Noval Touriga Nacional, Douro DOC (100% Touriga Nacional): Intense and concentrated, with fine tannic structure, this wine stands out for its delicacy, which is characteristic of the Quinta do Noval style. It is the product of a strict selection from the best lots produced by our Quinta in any given year.
- Quinta do Noval Syrah, Vinho Regional Duriense (100% Syrah): Quinta do Noval proves with this cuvée that Syrah has been able to adapt perfectly to its environment. It expresses a personality here that is strongly marked by the Douro Valley rather than that of varietal Syrah, and offers beautiful balance, a fine texture and exceptional elegance.
- Quinta do Noval Petit Verdot, Vinho Regional Duriense (100% Petit Verdot): Petit Verdot is a great variety of strong individual personality and enormous quality potential that needs sunshine and heat to ripen fully. It has adapted extremely well to the Douro, producing powerful wines with character and a balanced tannic structure that will allow them to age for years to come.
- Quinta do Noval Reserva, Douro DOC: Very powerful and structured, it is outstanding for its finesse, a delicate character typical of the Quinta do Noval style. It is derived from a strict selection of the best batchesof the Quinta’s various indigenous grape varieties. This wine is delicious when young and ages well in thecellar.